Monday, November 23, 2015

Hot Seat Mondays is Here, Guys !!!!!!

Hey guys, happy new week !!!... Welcome to another wonderful edition of Hot Seat Mondays !!! I'm excited and I'm sure some of you know why...*wide grin*... 

Today's interview is perhaps the most anticipated and it is my honour to interview probably the most popular personality on LailasBlog. This lady has been holding it down for this blog from time immemorial, through thick and thin, her resolve to represent TILB has been immovable thus far. She deserves to be celebrated over and over again.... Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the beautiful Bonita Bislam !!!!

A round of applause, please..... 



Thank you ! Thank you !! Thank you!!!
TILB: Hey dear, we are so stoked to have you on the platform today...

Bonita:
Thanks Austin.I'm equally glad to be interviewed by you

TILB: a lot of TILBers have been waiting for this interview... Obviously, you are loved by all


Bonita:
Loool that's your assessment dear but I love em all

TILB: TILB is turning out to be a blog that connects people a lot.... I've been fortunate to meet you in person for example, and I gotta tell you dear, I didn't regret meeting you at all


Bonita:
Same here dearie. I feel I'm the most blessed on this blog because God has actually made it possible for me to meet with five of our readers,you inclusive. TILB is family to me!

TILB: Really? Wow.... So tell us the other four TILBers you've met so far


Bonita:
*Chuckles* I've met with NK (Nkechi Udeh), Deekay, Pam (Pamela Okonne) and Dr Orela


TILB: Nice.. Met Pam too, so beautiful... I'd like to meet Nk too, so that I can spank her.. That girl bullies me a lot on whatsapp and Kclub taught her some Yoruba language slangs that she uses to bully me..lol

Bonita:
Loool NK? Hmm she's a topic on her own. I comment my reserve Lol but be rest assured you'll lose two of your front teeth should a scratch be found on her


TILB: Ha !!! See girl power o...lolz.. It is well.
So, let's get down to business... Sweetie, tell us all we need to know about Bonita Bislam


Bonita:
Phew! Well,as y'all know my name is Bonita Bislam from North Eastern part of the country, Adamawa state to be precise. I come from a family of 6, now we're 5. My mum passed away 3 years ago.I also happen to be the first child. So Yea its safe to say I'm the mother & the wife of the house Lol.


Coming to my educational background, I did all my schooling in my state, the north Lol. I attended a seminary secondary  school that was actually supposed to groom me as a pastor. But hehe I didn't see the white blood cell of pastorship in me ,so I proceeded for my tertiary education at Federal University of Technology Yola ( Its MAUTECH now) where I studied Information and Communication Technology. 


I graduated 2012, served in Jigawa state 2013, contrary to my expectation of serving in the south south.


TILB: Lmao @white blood cell of Pastorship... You'd make a great pastor though.. I believe so

Bonita: 
Hahaha you think so? Maybe & maybe not. But I  remember that I once led a church service. The congregation (my fellow students) ended up missing their teeth at the end of the service coz they couldn't stop laughing.

TILB: Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. The more reason you'd make a great pastor..lol... So, I'm sure a lot of people have the wrong notion about the North.. As a Nigerian who's from the north, could you tell us some of the notions you've heard and correct them



Bonita: Yea Yea! I've read a lot of comments on social and I find some of the  information people have about the north very appalling. For instance, some believe every northerner is Hausa and a Muslim. But its not so. I'm a Christian and I have my own mother tongue of which Hausa isn't it. In fact in my own state alone, we have like 50+ different languages and no Hausa as an indigene.

Secondly, others believe northerners are terrorists. I can't say I blame them much, going by what's happening in my dear northeast where most if not all of them are of northern extraction. But its so wrong to assume all northerners are terrorists. That's stereotyping. I'm a strong believer that you don't judge people as a group, you judge them as individuals. Same way I can't say all southerners are kidnappers or ritualists..


Also, a lot of people believe Northern part of the country is the home of illiterates. While I don't completely disagree, but I don't buy the idea of generalization as well. I am from the north. What makes me different from Austin who is from the east,  or Barong who is from south south or even ZH who is from south west? I agree some of my people don't go to school but that doesn't mean its all..

TILB: Hmmmmm.. You sound like a passionate person dear... So tell me, tell us what you're most passionate about

Bonita:
For me, writing is my life!..Because in them, I get to pour out all of my concerns, my opinion, my happiness, my sadness. I soak my friends in ink and drown them with my ideas

TILB: Amazing !!! Truth be told, you're a beautiful writer... What can you say are elements of great writing?

Bonita:
*smiles* Thanks for the compliment. To be honest with you I've never studied creative writing or anything writing except for one or two borrowed courses I did way back in the university. I think everything is about talent & passion. A good writer should be able to have a nose for news. Have the ability to see what others see in a new way. Tap into your feelings & drop em out like Esthy dropping her tubers of yam in the toilet

TILB: Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
haha... Words of wisdom.. So let's go back to your life.. Do you have any fondest memories, craziest moments?

Bonita:
Lol Austin now you really wanna make me cruise down memory lane .
Yea let me start with the craziest. When I was 9yrs old,I used to be very chubby and I never liked it one bit. So I heard my neighbor who has a toddler at home once mistakenly mistook kerosine for water & she drank it all & she took ill. That made her to slim down.


Trust my stupidity to apply the same principle,I went into our store and drank a cup full of it Lmao. To summarize the whole story,I didn't slim at all,instead the image of God in me was just growing in geometric progression.

I think the fondest memory I have is that of me & my best friend *beams with smile*. She is late now. I cherish every moment we shared. The laughter,the fights, the lectures shared, the first to get to the bathroom episode etc till the curtain of her life closed. That's the fondest memory. But now I'm creating another lol

TILB: awwwww, my condolences dear.. May her soul continue to rest in peace...

Bonita:
Amen!

TILB: So as you know, it's our tradition to for our celeb of the week to tell us their aspirations for Nigeria... Could you please tell us what yours are

Bonita:
Hmmmm inspired by Martin Luther king Junior, allow me to borrow his dream using my own words
I have a dream that one day I won't be called Bokoharam judging by my surname or where I come from
I have a dream that one day Nk won't have to fear coming to my village/North east because of Bokoharam
I have a dream that someday Nigeria will be free from corruption, insecurity,& religious/tribal sentiments
I have a dream that Lailasblog would produce Governors,ministers,
technocrats & nation builders
Lastly, I have a dream that Luv would envelope all our hearts in such a way that Queeneth London & Elizabeth Nwankwo would have impostors going by the name "Damsel QL"," Admirable Lizy"; Commenters won't have to go anonymous on social media all in a bid to create bitterness in the souls of people they know nothing about. C'mon where is the Luv? Where are the Ziks, the Awos and the Balewas. That dream is that one day,we will all be our brothers keepers

TILB: LMAO !!! Amen to that sister.... You truly do have a way with words.. I love it...So in one word, describe TILB

Bonita:
TILB is Family!

TILB: You got that right... Bonita, you have to tell us what type of man will finally be able to steal your heart..lol

Bonita:
Well, I like him smart. He should be able to make me have butterflies in my stomach even in my sleep.I Luv him with balls, big ones ( Lol literally biko). Above all, understanding, love for God & respect for me as a woman is all I crave for...Oops! He doesn't have to be physically arresting,as long as his mind is a palace. But he has to be tall!

TILB: Hahahahahahaha.. Crazy girl..lol.. Eddy wiz, Don Pafegs, ED Dreamz, Ignatius and Folarin, hope say una don hear?..lol... So tell us what you do dear

Bonita:
I'm a civil servant. I work with the High court of Justice here in the FCT, as a database administrator!




TILB: oh wow !!! Interesting, didn't know you were also I.T savvy.. Girl with multiple talents..*wink*

Bonita:
Lmao! Well the world is global village right now , a little knowledge of IT is a bonus.

TILB: True that...So dear, where do you see yourself in the next five minutes?

Bonita:
Smiles... I see myself as a mother of 2 or 3 kids,with a hubby as loving as TLs. I also think by then I'd be an accomplished writer, freelancing maybe, plus  I have this feeling I will be a Governor or Senator in my state.

TILB: Amen sister.. It's been really fun chatting you up dear.. Any last words for TILBers A.K.A Lailans?..lol

Bonita:
Affirmative!


I luv everybody here including anons.We may have differences in opinion & ideas but that's the beauty of it & I've learned from Y'all. I'm awed by the kind of people i meet here & i'm moved by the our purpose.


Let me leave us with this greek proverb; A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.( In loving memory of my mentor Late professor Dora Akunyili. She quoted it during the last national confab when she was interviewed.

TILB: Profound.. Thank you for your time dearie.. Cheers

Bonita:
The feeling is mutual

So guys, there you have it.. The amazing Bonita Bislam.. So guys, feel free to bombard her with more questions and I'm sure she's ready to reply y'all... Also, Bonita's birthday is this friday guys, y'all better get ready with those messages... Cheers


TILB rocks !!!!!


from Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog http://ift.tt/1MMujA7
via IFTTT

No comments: