Monday, December 28, 2015

'You're Never Too Old To Get Married': Couple With Joint Age Of 187 Get Engaged


A devoted couple with a combined age of 187 stunned friends and relatives when they announced they were getting married.

Evergreen Bill Griffiths, 91, proposed to Flo Marshallsay, 96, earlier this month after “living in sin” together for 10 years.

They were sat together on their sofa drinking tea with Bill's son Peter, 63, at their home in Oldbury, West Mids., when Bill popped the question - in a very unusual way.






Retired engineer Bill first asked his son whether he "minded" if he proposed to Flo.

Peter said he was asking the wrong person, so Bill turned to his partner and proposed.

To his delight she said yes and the happy pair will tie the knot in front of around 40 guests at St Hilda's Parish Church in Smethwick, West Mids., on January 16.

Mum-of-two and gran-of-seven, Flo - who worked as a pub landlady for 35 years - said: "Bill looked at me and said 'Flo, will you marry me?'

"I said yes and he gave me a great big kiss. He didn't go down on one knee but it was still very romantic.

"I couldn't believe it when he asked me. It really took me by surprise but then life is full of surprises.

"I used to say to him 'shall we get married?' and Bill would say 'no, we're all right as we are'.

"My friends and family are delighted. They didn't believe me at first when I told them. They think it's wonderful but some said I'm crazy.





"But you're never too old to get married. You're only as old as you feel and I don't feel old. Physically I am but mentally I'm as fit as a fiddle.

"If anybody told me I was too old to walk down the aisle I would tell them they were talking rubbish."

Flo - who has six great grandchildren - beat bowel cancer three years ago after undergoing surgery.

She is partially blind and can only see over a distance of a few yards but she is still mobile and active.

from Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog http://ift.tt/1PrSUNP
via IFTTT

No comments: