Thursday, March 17, 2016

Blog Reader About to Divorce His Wife Needs Advice



Hello Laila,
My name is *****. I am a blog reader based in Akoka. I have been married for 4 years now and honestly marriage has done me more harm than good. I love my wife but the things that came with her into my marriage has made my life miserable.

Right from the time we were dating, things started going awry for me. I was usually a very lucky person and I have never had to struggle all my life. I made enough to cater for all my needs and to assist people but all that has become history. From when we were dating, the signs that all is not well were there but I did not take them seriously because I was blind in love. She made me happy and I cared less.
My problem started during our traditional marriage. My father in-law gave me marriage list of almost N370, 000. I was livid but calmed down. I coughed out the money and paid it and only insisted that they will settle their daughter like other families do to their daughter during the marriage. After the wedding, I was shocked when my in-laws settled their daughter with one big butta (Jar of water), one blender, Electric hot plate, A set of pot and a set of plate (all china). I managed to control myself that day. I could not reconcile why they would do that when they milked me heavily for bride price.
The marriage started on a sour note. My wife fell sick a dy after our wedding and I had to take her to the hospital and she was admitted. Even though, their daughter ended up in the hospital a day after our wedding, My father in law still had the guts to call me and say that I should pay another N17,000 so that they can settle the bus that brought their kindred from the village to the wedding venue. I was too angry to argue with him. I counted the little money I made from the wedding and sent to him but I made up my mind that day that that was the last kobo they will receive from me for life.
Since then, my wife has been drifting from one sickness to another. Even if she has small headache, she will be behaving like she was going to die and if I suggest we go to a chemist or pharmacy, she will start sulking and go hysterical. We will end up in a hospital and they will treat the malaria and charge us 20k and above. This is something that ordinary 2k would have solved in a chemist.
Its been 4 years now and I have gradually exhausted all my life savings. There is no month that I don’t spend money on hospital bills and drugs. Every day, a new sickness will come up. Its like the marriage is cursed or this woman was sent to render me useless. I am tired and broke. I have lost my job and there is no assistance from anywhere.
My friends are telling me that most possessed women are actually sent to mens life to frustrate them financially, psychologically, spiritually, physically and otherwise. Honestly I think they are right. Marriage was supposed to bring me luck and happiness but miner has wrecked me. Please what do I do. I have been thinking of ending this marriage and that option is become more open every day. No child, no money, no nothing. Please I need your opinion on this.


from Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog http://ift.tt/1RmizMp
via IFTTT

No comments: