Wednesday, March 2, 2016

When Prayer Becomes Useless: Must Read


When my first son was in JS1 , one JS3 bully made it a habit of banking on my son's daily snacks everyday and the beating that comes with it. My son reported the development to the mother and for three good times the mother complained to the school, the bullying got worse.

Finally, it was brought to my attention one evening. I sought to know the boy's age and my son said that the bully was two years older than him and I kept quiet, only to wake my son up around midnight. I made him rinse his face and sat him down.

I gave him a detailed history of his grandfather and grandmother and without being told, the kind of man his father is. I told him that he is not going to school the next day for lecture or homework but rather, he will fight all day with the bully. I instructed him to leave his classroom as soon as all the classes are in lecturing period, head straight to the boy's class and rush him straight at his chair and continue throwing everything at him even when the teacher is flogging him.

I was barely finished when the mother rushed into the room and started shouting holy ghost fire. I never knew whether the holy ghost fire was for the bully or my son the victim or myself. I have communicated and I prepared myself for the father of the bully.

Bingo, my phone rang around 10 in the morning and it was from the school. When I got there, both boys were panting gasping for air, with their clothes torn all over. Without waiting for any word from the school, I told them that I was aware of what happened and that the fight will go on for one month and if they expel him, he will be waiting for him outside the gate everyday strictly to fight him.
The bullying ended finally and a new chief emerged in the school.

My point is this
Holy Ghost fire will never stop a bully. Teach your kids to be strong. Fighting is wrong but self defense is a necessity especially for boys who are growing up in a clime as damaged as ours. Prayer without work is even condemned by the bible. Misinterpretation of the bible has rendered most most Africans today docile, instead of doing something valuable with their time to better their situation, they flock to churches in search of instant miracles. Your deliverance and miracle is within you. Get up and do something right today.

By Blog Reader Chief Bonaventure Mokwe

Read more - http://ift.tt/1gifqs9

from Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog http://ift.tt/1Lwh8bC
via IFTTT

No comments: